- What is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?
- Benefits of Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- Backup all important data
- Purchase a valid license for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations:
- How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations
- How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Pro for Workstations
- How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro N to Pro for Workstations
- Troubleshooting Common Errors During an Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
If you’re a PC gamer, you know that your rig needs to be able to handle the latest game releases at top performance. But if you’re also a professional or business user, it’s important to know that Windows 10 Pro for Workstations can help unlock even more power from your PC. That’s because this version of Windows comes with an enhanced feature set specifically designed for high-end workstation hardware configurations.
What is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a version of Windows 10 designed for business PCs. It’s been optimized to improve the performance of workstations, and it provides several features to help you get your work done faster. With this version of Windows 10, you’ll be able to:
- Get faster start times, better performance, and an improved user experience when using your PC for mission-critical tasks
- Enjoy enhanced security features such as Device Guard, Credential Guard and BitLocker that protect against advanced malware attacks
Benefits of Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations offers a number of benefits that can help your organization get more done. These include:
- Improved reliability, security and performance
- Improved battery life
- Improved manageability and productivity
- Enhanced compatibility with hardware and software
Backup all important data
Backing up your data is the first step in protecting your productivity.
- Windows 10 Pro: You can use File History to back up files that are stored on your computer. If you’ve got a lot of data, consider using OneDrive (formerly known as SkyDrive) to store copies of it online, or an external hard drive or cloud storage service like Microsoft’s own OneDrive or Google Drive, which gives you 15GB for free.
- MacOS: Time Machine will automatically back up any new data you create in applications like iPhoto and Safari. To make sure everything is backed up properly, click “Options” in the Time Machine menu bar icon and select “Disk Usage.” Then click “Select Disk” and choose an external backup disk for extra protection.*
Purchase a valid license for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations:
To purchase a license, you can either buy one directly from Microsoft or through an authorized reseller. The following table lists the organizations that are authorized to resell Microsoft software:
- The PC manufacturer you purchased your computer from (for example, Dell or HP)
- Retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon
- Online retailers such as Newegg and Micro Center
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations
To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations:
- Choose the option to buy now.
- Enter your workstation product key and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase or upgrade.
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Pro for Workstations
If you are currently running Windows 10 Pro, you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations by following the steps below.
- Ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for installing this edition of Windows. See How to Check if Your PC Can Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.
- Check with your manufacturer or retailer to see if they offer any hardware upgrades that could improve performance when running this edition of Windows, such as storage devices with faster read/write speeds and additional memory modules
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro N to Pro for Workstations
To upgrade from Windows 10 Pro N to Pro for Workstations, you’ll need to start by logging in as an administrator. The first time you log in after completing this process, you may have to enter your password again, so be prepared!
Next, click Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. In the resulting screen, click Change Product Key under Activation Options.
If you’re not already connected to a network domain or Azure AD account that has been activated with Windows 10 Enterprise or Education edition licenses matching your current version of Windows (in this case, Windows 10 Pro N), then select I Don’t Have A Product Key Now and follow the onscreen prompts. Your PC will then restart and run through setup on its own without prompting for a product key before beginning installation of the new OS image file.
If you are able to connect via Domain Join or Azure AD credentials that match those used during activation of previous versions of Microsoft’s OSes (such as Windows 7 Professional), then enter those credentials here before running through setup again according to its instructions until prompted by SetupUI\OobeFinalize_source\ReadyToSignOffScreen whereupon clicking Continue will begin downloading files necessary for installation by starting SetupUI\OobeFinalize_target . This process should take around 15-20 minutes depending on available bandwidth and other factors affecting download speed.”
Troubleshooting Common Errors During an Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
If you have tried the steps above and still cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, there are other things that can be done.
If you are running an earlier version of Windows 10 and want to upgrade it at home, then we recommend that you visit this page on Microsoft’s website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 If you are running Windows 7 or 8.1 Professional Edition, then download and run upgrade advisor from the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
If these don’t work for you, then please contact customer support via phone or e-mail so they can help troubleshoot your issue with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations!
We hope that you’re excited about the prospect of upgrading to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and all its benefits. We know that it can be difficult to make the switch, but with our troubleshooting guide and expert support, we’re confident that you’ll be up and running in no time! If you run into any issues along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have so that your transition goes smoothly